Update – May 8, 2021
Tee Time Booking Changes based on the new Alberta Government COVID Restrictions:
With the latest announcement for the Albert Government and information provided by NAGA Alberta, below is how the Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club will operate the golf course for play and tee time booking starting Monday May 10th until further notice.
The Provincewide Restriction:
“As of Sunday, May 9th at 11:59pm, outdoor sports and recreation, including golf, is limited participation to members of the same household; or if living alone, to two close contacts.”
- We will be adjusting our tee times to shorter intervals.
- Tee times will be booked as singles or twosome based on the Provincewide Restriction.
- All leagues will be suspended until further notice.
- The snack shack and beverage cart will be in operation. There is no outside seating.
- Joining up with groups on the golf course is strictly prohibited. Please do not put our team in challenging situations.
- If you have a tee time booked this week, please call into the pro shop to adjust your booked time to follow the new restriction rules.
We trust and thank you for your support with operating safely during this period.
Update – May 7, 2021
Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club COVID-19 Regulations
The Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club is committed to providing a safe environment where family and friends come together to enjoy the game of golf.
With the growing concern surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak across the country and how it will affect our community, our members, our visitors and our staff at the Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club, we will be taking every precaution to mitigate the impact of the virus.
We will be implementing some COVID-19 regulations to make your game of golf safe and enjoyable:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces across Alberta. You are required to wear a mask in the club house, Pro Shop or while using the clubhouse washrooms
- Maximum of four customers in the pro shop at a time
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet in the pro shop at all times
- Practice social distancing everywhere on the course! Remain a minimum of at least six feet from others in your golfing group
- We are recommending that golfing groups remain a minimum of 15 yards from other groups while on the course
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the lobby, pro shop and snack hut but we are encouraging golfers to bring your own supply of hand sanitizer
- Limit your touch points during your round
- PLEASE STAY HOME – If you are not feeling well, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if someone in your household has COVID-19
- Tee Times intervals are set at 9 minutes
- Tee Times must be booked in advance by calling in or online
- (No Walk Up Tee Times Allowed)
- Golfers booking as a single or group of two and want to play alone, please call into the Pro Shop so we can block off any open booking spots in your group.
Arrival & Checking In:
- No walk up tee times available
- Park and Play – please only show up 15 minutes before your booked tee time and leave after your golf round is completed. If you show up earlier than 15 minutes prior to your tee time please remain in your vehicle
- Don’t congregate in groups, maintain social distancing
Power Carts & Pull Carts:
- One person per power cart, unless you resided in the same household. Please self-clean your garbage out of the cart at the end of your round. By removing your own trash from the cart, you are helping to protect the staff
- Please be advised that due to the one person to a power cart rule, our ability to provide all golfers with a golf cart is limited
- Carts will be first come first serve
- Carts will be washed and sanitized after each usage
- Proceed to the starting tee only after the group ahead has left the tee box
- Please do not tee off before your tee time. You are required to tee off at your starting time even if the landing areas are clear
- Maintain social distancing on the tees and on greens
- The flag-sticks must not be touched and must remain in the hole
- Putting cups have been adjusted for the golfers safety
- Touch points such as bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course
- Tee box benches are unusable
- Bunkers will be played as Preferred Lies in the bunker and then smooth the sand with your foot or club after your shot
- Golfers must have their own equipment, no sharing of clubs, balls, or any other equipment on the course
- No rental clubs available to rent
- Course port-a-potties Open on Holes #6 & #16 Open, Closed on Holes #13
Putting Practice Green
- The putting practice green is open to practice on with a maximum of four golfers on the putting green at a time
- Golfers must ensure they maintain a social distance of 6 feet of each our while on the putting green
Main Building / Clubhouse:
- Restaurant is closed and patio area is closed at this time.
- Locker rooms will be closed
- Pro Shop retail operations are open with a maximum of four customers in the pro shop at a time.
- Main Clubhouse washrooms will be open and will be sanitized regularly
- Snack Hut will be open for take away food
- Beverage Cart will be open available on certain days
Social Distancing Is Mandatory
The staff at the Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club are taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously. Anyone not following these regulations will be subject to a playing suspension with no refunds.
Thank you for your continued patience, understanding, and cooperation as we continue to make adjustments during these difficult times!
Thank you, Sylvan Lake Golf & Country Club